Sunday 31 July 2016

15. NCS

Hello again. I know it has been a while but I've been super bust recently and I went on holiday and the wifi was terrible (absolute nightmare)! But I'm back now, so on with the blog post...

So, NCS (National Citizens Service) is a programme run by the government which runs every school holiday (e.g. summer holidays and half-term - you'll need to check locally for actual dates) for 16-17 year olds. The programme features one week on an activities based camp (think abseiling and rock climbing), another week staying at university accommodation learning life-skills and other skills you'll need for the future (ie. CV writing and budgeting) and then (one or) two final weeks organising an event to raise money for charity (such as a talent show or bake sale).

And guess what - I'm going tomorrow!

So I'm packing up all my stuff, leaving home and travelling to Swindon. I'm pretty excited, a few of my close friends are going, so it should be a really fun experience and I can't wait!

I'm going to do another blog post about NCS after I've finished the programme to tell you all about my experience. But it should be fun and it's another thing to add to my CV which is always a bonus!

Lára

No comments:

Post a Comment